Did you know that when you donate money to AKUN, more than 97% goes directly to projects?
Our Mission is to improve the lives of those worldwide in desperate situations and personal crisis by providing shelter, food, education and hope.
Thank you for supporting us and making a difference in their lives!
To contact AKUN email us:
AKUN contributes to small scale projects that are well managed
from start to finish. Many times, a little help in the right way can have a large and long lasting impact in people's lives.
SMALL SCALE * BIG IMPACT!
November/December News 2023
Linda gave a detailed account of her Cambodia trip including meeting 3 potential scholarship applicants. Barbara gave an update
on the Mbambazi School weekly lunch program and we agreed to fund it in 2024. Havana High School library books will be
bought and donated. The SFP will be renamed the Sunday Children's Program in 2024. Linda has 2 fundraising events in France.
January News 2024
AKUN's next Board Meeting is January 18th 2024.
Our Achievements so far...
- We have been the exclusive sponsor of the very successful Sunday Feeding Program, it has now expanded to 3 villages.
- We raised awareness for our mission by presenting our cause and collecting donations from various groups via garage sales, craft fairs, markets and home events in Scotland, France, Vietnam, Texas and Alaska.
- We have given presentations to Rotary Clubs, from Houston to Scotland. We are available to speak at your events so please don't hesitate to contact us.
- We sponsor students to further their education in cases where they would otherwise not be able to through the Sarah Meredith Fouad Scholarship and direct donor sponsorship when available.
- The Scholarship Program - 3 Cambodian university graduates and 2 Guatemalan high school graduates have benefitted
from AKUN scholarships.
Thank you so much to all of you for your continued support of our successful programs.
Check out our 2022 Annual Report above, to find out more.
AKUN's Scholarship Program
currently supports students in Cambodia, Guatemala and Ethiopia.
WHY the name AKUN?
'AKUN' (pron. Awkoon)
means 'Thanks' in popular
WELCOME TO AKUN