WELCOME TO AKUN
AKUN contributes to small scale projects that we can manage thoroughly.
Many times, a little help in the right way can have a large and long lasting impact in people's lives.
SMALL SCALE for BIG IMPACT!
WHY the name AKUN?
'AKUN' (pron. Awkoon) means 'Thanks' in popular Khmer language.
So far, our achievements in 2018 are:
- We have been the exclusive funder for the Chumkiri and Phum Or Sunday Children Feeding Program;
- We provided better homes for 3 families in the Chumkiri area;
- We raised awareness for our mission by presenting our cause and raised donations to various groups via garage sales, crafts fayres, markets and home events in Scotland, France, Vietnam, Texas and Alaska.
- We have also given presentations to 2 Rotary Clubs: one in Houston (USA), Aberlour and Huntly;
- We have raised about $5,000 so far this year. Most of these funds have already been allocated in Cambodia;
- We have sponsored 3 Cambodian students to go to Further Education after they passed their Grade 12;
- We have continued to support the Women's group in Chumkiri and are happy to report that they now make products of high quality!
Thank you so much to all of you for making this year of success and for your continuous support in 2018! We are excited about 2019 too!
Our Mission is to improve the lives of those worldwide in desperate situations and personal crisis by providing shelter, food, education and hope.
Thank you for supporting us and making a difference in their lives!
Did you know that when you donate money to AKUN, more than 98% goes directly to projects?
All the photos on this website have been taken by volunteers of AKUN or sent by those helping us in the projects. Please do not copy or use any of these photos for any purpose.